Tuesday 25 September 2012

Breakfast for tea

 
Today was another "first" for me - today I made my first ever Slimming World Fry-Up! It had been a long time coming, really, but since it was my day off, and following a lunch-time call from a pissed off and overworked Joel, I decided it'd be a nice treat. Not to mention a playful psychological reaming, ie; "Oh, it's breakfast, that means it's morning. DAMN I'm annoyed, I'll have to go to work in a minute! Oh, wait a minute..... I've finished the fry-up and I don't have to go to work after all! I can just retire and enjoy my evening! Huzzah!"

So I realise it's not ENTIRELY psychological, after all, no-one getting served food at 6:30 is REALLY going to think it's morning, and we don't have fry-ups of a morning as it is...... but you know what I mean! Do you? Oh, you know what I mean.

Et voila:

                                  

For any Slimming World newbies out there (or those who just want reminding), it consists of:


Bacon - with fat removed (Free)

Egg - fried in FryLight (Free)

Beans (Free)

Toast - wholemeal (Healthy Extra B)

Sausages - Linda McCartney vegetarian (Free)

Ketchup - (1 Syn)

Can you believe it?? All that for only 1 mere, piddling, cheeky Syn. And GODDAMN it was nice. Never thought I'd find myself eating a vegetarian sausage in this lifetime, but they were surprisingly yummy. So yeah, haven't had a good fry-up in ages, and having it for an evening meal was even better. Joel declared it my best effort yet, as he wiped up yolk with his toast and practically licked the plate clean.

Have really behaved myself today, as well. Did a little Body Magic earlier by walking up the hill to Asda for a few essentials (and to treat Joel to a beer, after a long day) - and kept all my snacks to a low-fat minimum. Had my usual "day-off meal" of pasta with ham and cheese (for my Healthy Extra A) and some half-a-syn Ice Pops.

Tonight I'm going to try baking some Chocolate Cupcakes that Joan brought to Group yesterday. Only takes 3 ingredients, 2 Syns each, and 1 microwave. Can't wait to try them - will post pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment