Tuesday 13 November 2012

RECIPE: Red Pepper Chicken Casserole

 
So, after the Monday-from-Hell, I decided not to quit. Because that way I'd end up doing exactly what I did last year - quitting, packing on all the weight I lost, and feeling exactly as bad as I did last time. Well, no more excuses, and no more quitting. This time I'm getting back on track and sticking to it - even if I only lose half a pound a week, that's still a stone and a half in a year. And that's still something.
 
Anyway, getting back to my getting-back-on-track, tonight's meal was Red Pepper Chicken Casserole, a recipe I got from one of the many Slimming World magazine.  And it is absolutely goddamn DELICIOUS! Not to mention easy - you can eat it on it's own or with anything. For example, in this, I added Pasta for more substance.
 
(DISCLAIMER: As I'm terrible at measurements, quantities etc....   they're not always accurate. My recipes are always to serve 2 - just use your own common sense. If you make too much, freeze some for another day. If you make too little - learn for next time!)
 
YOU NEED:
 
Fry Light
2 chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
1/2 onion
2 Red peppers (de-seeded and sliced)
25g Serrano (or Proscuitto) ham
Chopped tomatoes
200ml Chicken stock
Pinch of chilli flakes
The end of a Chilli (chopped and de-seeded)
Thyme
Potatoes
Pasta
 
SYNS:
 
1
 
TO MAKE:
 
Fry the chicken, garlic, and onions in Fry Light for 5 minutes in a casserole dish
Add the ham and peppers and fry for a further 2 minutes
Add the tomatoes, stock, chopped potatoes, thyme, chilli and flakes. Stir and bring to the boil
Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 1 hour, stirring throughout
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water. Add the the mix and SERVE.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment