Thursday 15 November 2012

More cards!!

Well, you could knock me over with a feather. The support, it would seem, just keeps on coming! Got a big package in the post today with these inside:

 
Inside the card, it reads:
 
"Dear Katie, hope this card and heart helps you to be calm and happy, whatever happens. We are only ever a phone call away. Lots of love, Louise and Alex xxx"
 
And then on the other side, there's a quote from Harry Potter:
 
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's (with an arrow saying 'or any shit Life throws at us!') gift for spreading discord and emnity is very great. We can fight it by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all, if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."
 
So, for the 3rd time this week, I found myself crying. Because isn't that the nicest gesture, not to mention the most relevant quote, I could get right now? It made so much more sense to me - that instead of hiding from our weekly Skype just because I'm upset or have had a gain, I should stand tall and face it with my two best friends - both on the same journey. And yes, they're approaching it differently to me. Yes, they're doing more exercise, looking at calories instead of Syns, and are altogether skipping things that I can't do without...... like salad dressing, cheese and pasta. But we're all striving for the same result, and even if we do it differently, it's still the ultimate goal that counts. As long as we lose weight, and altogether make ourselves healthy, who CARES how many mistakes me make, or how many times we trip up? If it means slender bodies and healthier hearts by the time we hit 30, then it will all have been worth it - and no amount of hurdles we fall at, and "weak moments" we have can stop the journey as long as we support each other.
 
OK, so pardon me while I vomit a mixture of moonbeams, Hallmark cards and Richard Curtis films into a glittering, heart-shaped bucket. But I meant every word.

No comments:

Post a Comment