Saturday 2 July 2011

Dress shopping!

Today was fun - went shopping with Mum and Auntie Pam for a dress to wear to Rebecca's wedding. As you may remember - I'm determined to lose half a stone for the do, and Mum a stone. Had the most amazing time and found 2 BEAUTIFUL frocks in Evans - the first being a belted, knee-length 50's-style brown dress that looks like I'm off to the Royal Ascot. Was initially planning on just wearing that - until Mum insisted I tried on this stunning red and black African-style maxi-dress for the reception. The trouble is, all maxi dresses I try on tend to make me look 6 months pregnant and give me a huge bum - so I left it on the hook and simply pretended I'd tried it. Mum however, insisted I showed her - so I grudgingly put it on. And what a shock I got. Once I got in front of the dressing room corridor full-length mirror - I was astonished. The dress was AMAZING - scooped me in at the waist, made my hips looks amazing, and even supported my chest. Not sure if it was the dress or the weight loss, but I looked fantastic. Mum was so thrilled that she treated me to the maxi dress - and we all celebrated with a Caesar salad (no dressing) and a glass of Champagne in Selfridges!

Had a huge HUGE slip-up in the evening though - Joel and I ordered a pizza each from Dominoes. Such a huge mistake - and it didn't even taste as nice as I remember. It's strange, I used to love them, but this one tasted..... unusual somehow. Maybe it's because I'm used to healthiness now - who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment