Monday 4 July 2011

More losses.....

LOSS: 1.5 POUNDS

Today was a very conflicting day - I'm pleased and annoyed in equal measures. Annoyed because it's my time of the month (which means I just want to eat ALL the chocolate) and pleased because I lost the 1.5 pounds I needed to reach half a stone! So I've made it!! Was a bit embarrassing at first - stood on the scales and I'd only lost a pound (that damned pizza!) But then Louise pointed out that jeans weigh a lot - I'd never worn them to the meetings before, so had to very speedily swap with Mum in the kitchen, and got weighed in her floaty skirt. And surprise - I was down 1.5 pounds! Mum then came in and pointed out to Louise that's it's a "Star week" for me (which I later found out was some glorious euphemism for the "Russians" arriving) - apparently they take that into account.

One girl - Mandy has lost 5 POUNDS in this last week, had to find out her secret. Apparently it was Scanbread - so I bought a load afterwards. Oh, and I was awarded my 1/2 stone certiificate! Loved getting an award in front of everyone - feels like I'm at school again! Or I'm just a huge attention seeker.....

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel. I mean, yeah I'm thrilled that I've dropped half a stone for the wedding like I said - and in only 3 weeks, too! But Mandy was saying how 5 pounds made it easier for her to tie her shoes - I don't feel any different, or any small changes at all. I don't even think I look different. I wonder how long it takes before it becomes actually noticeable? A stone? Two? Hmmm.....

Anyway, Mum won Slimmer of the Week - and gave me the winnings to take home. So tomorrow, I'm going to plan a luxurious (Free) 3 course meal for me and Joel, since I'm off work. Mum and I have vowed to be really good this week, so we can enjoy ourselves at the wedding - but I'm still going to eat something before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment