Monday 11 July 2011

Honeymoon period

LOSS: 1 POUND

Oh. My. God. How on earth did this HAPPEN??! OK, so I know I ask that rhetorically every week, but SERIOUSLY??! I went to a WEDDING and I haven't even GAINED anything?! I thought at the very least I'd have maintained, but it seems I was under-estimating myself....... I mean, hell, it's not much, not at all - but to have even LOST anything this week is a huge achievment! That said, I was VERY well behaved at the wedding, ate all the food that were Free, and only had a small chunk of a chocolate brownie. Feel incredibly chuffed with myself - although it's marred by the fact that Mum barely ate anything all week and still GAINED a pound. Not entirely sure how that happened, but she is VERY annoyed. Oops.

Unfortunately, she then spent a lot of time trying to analyse exactly what I did differently to her. Did ponder it myself to be honest - Louise suggested she hadn't eaten as much but starved herself, which never helps. Mum suggested that maybe the end of my Star Week (and therefore, Water Retention) helped me lose the pound. I kept quiet, and very wisely didn't tell her about the somewhat strenuous exercise marathon that Joel and I participated in last night....... But I BET that's what did it......! Well, they do say sex contributes to weight loss! Or do they? I'm sure I read that somewhere......

Oh well, today was great! Refreshed from last night's good times, I sold 6 policies at work, ate a delicious hand-made Caesar salad from the canteen for lunch, and went to Group this week in scales-appropriate clothing! Less people there today, so Image Therapy went quicker than usual - didn't really get any advice this week, but I suppose I'm getting the hang of it now. As I'm getting back on track this week (no weddings, events or even nights out - how boring do I sound?) I should be back up to my usual rate without the emcumberence of "Star Weeks" and the like...... so I've aimed to have 2.5 pounds off by next week. Seems unlikely by now that I'll win my £10 bet with Imran from work - but still, I'm chuffed to have 8 pounds off in the space of a month. Never saw that one coming (said the blind prostitute.......). I'm just wondering now how long it'll take for the remaining six pounds to come off - feels like forever, but then again, Mum and Mandy from group lost similar sized chunks in a week - so I guess it's not entirely hopeless. Just have to wait and see. And in the meantime, just keep chipping away.

Like I mentioned earlier, I just want it to be over with now. I'm fed up of waiting, and just want to get the first stone out of the way - not because I reckon I'll look any different (I certainly don't seem to at the moment), but because then I'll have reached a goal, a sort of touchstone that says "I've got one out the way, now let's focus on losing the next one". Because I don't reckon I'll truly be thin, or look good, until I'll got at least 3-4 stone off. And that could take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment