Monday 18 July 2011

Moving house

LOSS: 1 POUND

Well, I'm stumped. Once again, I've lost weight, without even having a single clue how I did it. I didn't do a SCRAP of exercise, severely lacked in "SuperFree" foods, and had the worst weekend known to MAN. But I'll start at the beginning:

Friday was brilliant. Met Joel for lunch in the Triangle gardens, treated myself to a chicken and bacon Co-Op wrap and some Galaxy buttons. Had forgotten just how incredible chocolate tasted, it had been that long. Which is a good thing, I suppose. As for Taylor's birthday night out, I was VERY relieved when Joel and I had to skip the buffet beforehand - no temptation in the way!! Was very well behaved, only had 2 vodkas, and stuck to Diet Coke the rest of the night. Really enjoyed myself, and no-one was any the wiser.

And then I ruined it. Because when we got home, Joel (for "old time's sake") went to get a kebab from our local take-away - as a kind of last takeout before we moved house. And I, because I am ridiculous and weak, got a pizza. It was the smallest size, but still....... Had a really upset tummy as a result on Saturday morning, and I wasn't even surprised. I completely deserved it. Mind you, maybe I've been healthy for so long, my body was literally rejecting the badness.....? Who knows. Joel wasn't too well either, unfortunately.

So Saturday rolled around, as did a quite huge event - getting our new house keys. After a quick breakfast at Mum's shop (sausage and egg muffin) followed by an enormous trek round Ikea - we started our 2-day renovation marathon. And what a weekend it was. THIS is why I was so shocked by my weight-loss tonight, because if anything, I'd have thought I'd gained at LEAST 2 pounds, given what we ate. Saturday afternoon, in between dismantling fitted wardrobes with 1 screwdriver between us, we managed to grab our first ever meal in the new house, and ate it on the lounge floor. Unfortunately, it was McDonald's. I didn't pick the healthy option this time. Even got a McFlurry.

On Sunday, armed with new power tools, we went for the whole day, and had to take food that couldn't be cooked. So lunch basically consisted of Supernoodles, crisps and cookies. Tea was sausage, eggs, and more cookies - and upon my return to the flat, knackered, stressed and sweaty, I promptly downed about half a bottle of Rose' wine in about 5 minutes (The Apprentice final being on didn't help...... Tom won, by the way!) But this is where I may have been mistaken. I THOUGHT all the crap I ate this weekend (through stress and exhaustion) would have been my downfall, but now I think about it - doing 2 solid days of manual labour and hauling huge heavy doors/planks of wood up and down the stairs for 3 hours probably classed as very good exercise, and sped up my metabolism. Not to mention I probably sweated at least half a pound. So I guess a 1 pound loss isn't that bad, after all.

Mum was disappointed when I told her, so great support there (!). Group tonight was fun though - did a Syn quiz and bought some more Hi Fi bars, plus this month's SlimmingWorld magazine, for more recipes and inspirational stories. Got a lot of compliments on the Before and After photo I compiled and put on the group's Facebook page:

               

Have decided that this week - despite all the stress and mental goings on when we move into the house..... I HAVE to stay calm, rise above it, and not eat comfort food like this weekend. I CAN'T have another lapse, don't know if I'll get away with it a second week. Besides, I'm only 5 pounds off my stone now, and I cannot WAIT to reach it. It would be such a huge achievement for me..... and even more so to get it done by the 1st of August. Maybe that can be my deadline. If I could lose 3 pounds one week, and 2 pounds another when I first joined, SURELY I can do it again. I'll just have to try hard not to lose focus, and make damn sure the non-cookable food we take to the house this weekend is all Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment