Thursday 21 July 2011

Candy bar girl


Watched a very interesting programme this evening called "Candy Bar girls" - about a lesbian bar in London. One of the girls it focused on - Dannii - was a part-time pole dancer.... and strangely enough, it got me thinking about my career. Obviously I'm happy where I am at the moment, but I've always thought that if I lost weight, I'd almost definately try and get back into acting - whether theatre, TV, voluntary, whatever. I miss that life so much sometimes, and I'm fairly sure I'd have more confidence than l used to, if I was thinner.

Having said that, if I got to a TRULY thin stage (toned tummy, tiny bum, the works), I daresay I'd love to try a brief stint as a podium dancer in a night club, like being a pole dancer but without men shoving money in your knickers..... simply dancing along to music with the masses. On a side note, idly asked Joel what he'd think if I ever took up pole dancing as a job. His response was expected; "I wouldn't be mad keen on it, but if you wanted to, you were happy, it was in a safe environment, and no-one touched you - I'd be fine with it." Hmmm..... something to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment