Wednesday 6 July 2011

Baking fail

Had a fun day back at work today - showed Imran my half-stone certificate to prove I'm on the way to earning that tenner..... and before I knew it, word had spread round the team and I was getting high fives in the break room! Everyone said they were dead impressed - felt very happy.

It DEFINATELY helps being back at work and having a routine. At home the temptation to snack relentlessly whenever I want is WAY too great - whereas having timed breaks and lunches makes it SO much easier to work my Healthy Extras around. Usually, my day goes something like this:

10:30 (usually when I start getting hungry) - Apple

11:40 (Break) - Hi Fi bar, and Baby Bel Light

1:00 (Lunch) - Usually healthy wrap from Co-Op, salad from the canteen, or home-made salad (chicken and pasta today)

3:00 - Baby Bel Light

7:00 (ish) - Meal

Most days I find an excuse to walk to the Co-Op round the corner, even if it's just to buy a Diet Coke, magazine or a scratchcard. It gets me out the building, stops me sitting on my backside for 8 straight hours - and I usually stick my Ipod on and power-walk, which makes it slightly more fun!

Had a nice surprise tonight - Joel decided to cook tea instead. I have to say, the man is an ARTIST in the kitchen - tonight he made Feta-stuffed herby chicken breast and light-fried potatos with a side of chopped tomatos..... it was AMAZING!! I still maintain that he's a better cook than me - but was very impressed with him using all Free ingredients..... obviously he listens more than I think he does! Love him to bits.

Decided to impress him right back by making Banoffee Pie, using a recipe I found on the group Facebook page. It was originally supposed to be the 3rd course of last night, which I gave up after just wanting to flop on the sofa after the first two! So it's setting in the fridge as I type - hopefully it will be sorted by the time "The Apprentice" comes on! I've done the unthinkable this week and ditched my glass of wine (6 Syns) for a helping of Banoffee pie (4.5 Syns) - it's so strange and bizarre to think that such a creamy pudding contains less Syns than one little glass of Rose'. Hmmmm...... Let's hope the pudding works anyway, never made it before.......

LATER

It didn't work. Used WAY too much boiling water with the powdered gelatine and now the damned thing is all sloppy. Tried draining it, but nearly lost all the yoghurt down the sink. Grr.... feeling very annoyed now - but at least I've got enough ingredients to make another, if it truly goes balls up.

No comments:

Post a Comment