Sunday 10 July 2011

Here comes the wide

Well, it's the morning after the night before - and I'm very pleased to report that the wedding was a great success! True to form, I spent so long getting ready that I completely forgot to eat anything before I left - and as a result, didn't eat at all until 5 oclock. I'd stashed a few Hi Fi bars in my clutch bag as an emergency, but didn't need them in the end - I wasn't even hungry all day! Wonder how that happened......

And it gets better - the meal at the Reception was pretty much all Free food!! Apart from the odd items which I let myself have small portions of, as a treat. The meal - for me - went as follows:


STARTER:


Home baked bread with salted butter

MAIN:


1/2 chicken in tomato sauce, and ham

HEALTHY EXTRA:


Brie

DESSERT:


Strawberries

Small bite of chocolate brownie

1 small fairy cake

So as you can see, delicious, rustic food which I didn't even have to feel guilty about! Which I suppose is the whole concept of SlimmingWorld..... so, good times! Was pretty fun sitting next to Mum and getting excited over what we were allowed to have - we'd tried to be good all week too, so this felt like a great reward - without even having to deprive ourselves and look like ungrateful guests! Did have to drink wine and champagne, but they were put on the table for us...... and what's a wedding without a few toasts?

Here's the Ascot dress:



But the main part of the night that I was particularly thrilled with, was the evening. I'd been slightly nervous, wondering if I was going to buckle under pressure and just get as drunk as I usually would at such an event. Not that I'd be under pressure as such, just that I've never been out or to an event that hasnt resulted in me getting at least a LITTLE drunk. Well, what a surprise I gave myself.

All I had all night were 2 vodka + Diet Cokes - and then D. Coke for the rest of the evening. Cannot TELL you how impressed I am with myself - that sounds big-headed, but for me, going out to a big do like that and NOT drinking is pretty new...... not to mention it saved a load of money, drinking the cheapest item from behind the bar. And I still had an AMAZING time!! Looking at what I drank, I'm amazed - normally, past the 6th cocktail of the night, I can't remember what I drank from then onwards. Yesterday, I could count the drinks I had on one hand! What a difference...... Joel was on lager of course, but we still got up and danced our socks off with everyone else - dancing the calories away! And I didn't even have a hangover this morning! DEFINATELY worth it. What was weird though, was the way I still felt quite tipsy, despite not drinking much (1 and a half glasses of white wine, half a glass of Prosecco and the two vodka and diet cokes). Maybe it was the effects of not drinking for about a month, or not eating all day, who knows? Maybe I was just really really enjoying myself, which gave me a huge buzz...... Either way, it was one hell of a fun night, and I'm fairly sure the amount of dancing helped!

Speaking of which, I've taken to dancing every night in my bedroom, as a weird and alternative form of exercise. I can't really afford classes at the moment, and I hate being in a room with other people, struggling to keep up. So what I do instead is go in the bedroom while Joel's busy, switch the lights off, put my earphones in and dance away (at my own pace) to my favourite tunes. I'm really getting into Pitbull at the moment - his songs are kind of like Dance merged with Latin beats, which make them a lot easier to shake your body to!

Have eaten some Brie and Ritz crackers today, which I'm not entirely proud of - but it's Sunday, and since I only ate one meal yesterday, I feel I should have a little treat. I'm looking forward to Group tomorrow, but I've since decided not to get my hopes up about losing weight. It's still a long shot, but I'm not as worried about it now as I was the other day...... if I've gained or maintained then so be it. I had a great day and a fun weekend, and if I HAVE lost weight, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment