Friday 5 April 2013

Magazine musings

Dear Diary,

Today, I wanted to talk about the Slimming World magazine. I know I've mentioned it before in passing but I found something out last week that fuelled my interest even further. Tim, from our group, who recently won Man of the Year - is going to be FEATURED IN THE MAGAZINE!!


They're running a Father's Day feature in the June/July edition, and Tim's going to be featured! He's been at our Group from before I started last year, and lost over 3 stone - you should see his Before photos! Anyway, last week he was telling us all about his journey to the Slimming World magazine and what it involved - it turns out to be in the magazine you have to email them your story, and if they choose you, you go down to London and they pay for your travel and lunch - and they write up your story whilst photographing you and do all your hair and make-up for you.

I know it's a long while off, but upon losing 4 stone (mine, Alex and Louise's personal goals) - we're definitely going to try and get a story into the magazine, maybe along the theme of how you don't need to be in the same city to slim together, and the power of technology and how we Skype every week, etc.... It's certainly different enough, haven't seen any similar stories so far - and I've got all of Mum's back collection since last year!

And while it sounds a little vain, I can't imagine anything cooler than seeing myself and the girls all coiffed and unrecogniseable, kitted out in beautiful dresses - to show all our friends, co-workers and family how hard we worked.

xxxxxxx

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment