Saturday 6 April 2013

Lobster tales

Dear Diary,

Today Joel and I went for a really nice walk in town - adding more Body Magic to the 3 gym sessions we'd already done this week. It seems that every time we go to town he's able to show me more and more of Manchester - we must've ended up walking about 5 miles at least. But the best part was when we walked past the Radisson Hotel (which I didn't even know they had in the city centre!) which had a special in the Alto restaurant - Lobster or Steak with skinny fries and salad (containing banana shallots) for just £15!! How AMAZING is that?!

 
It was absolutely beautiful as well, haven't had lobster in about 3 years. But thanks to the special diggy-gougey cutlery they give you, it seems I haven't lost the knack. And they even offer to re-fill your fries/salad! Didn't have seconds, so felt very virtuous too. It just goes to show that you can eat out and stick to Slimming World after all! And before any naysayers shout down the chips, they were used as Syns.
 
On a side note, it gets so annoying when people shout me down for having Syn-ful things. My brother, people at work, occasionally family - it's the most irritating thing in the world. I try explaining, every single time that you're allowed an allocated amount of Syns every day, and that bad things ARE allowed on the diet, in moderation. Mayonaise, salad croutons, cheese, certain crisps..... it's so frustrating sometimes hearing "oh, should you be eating that? Wouldn't you be better off NOT having it?" I know they mean well, but every time I try to explain about Syns, I just get the disapproving Look. Such a pain, sometimes.....
 
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment