Thursday 11 April 2013

Bad times and Good times

Dear Diary,

As the entry title suggests, the last two days haven't been too great. They got better, but after a slight nosedive on Tuesday morning - where Joel and I ended up having a big fall-out over something so stupid and small, that it was actually offensive to think how long we stopped speaking to each other over it. The long and short of it was that I spent my whole well-earned Tuesday off sat downstairs, upset and scarfing everything in site, and getting steadily drunk on a bottle of (very slimming!) 5% wine. On the bright side, I won said wine at Group on Monday night (which I forgot to mention!) - as I was announced the winner of the Easter-themed Ladder to Success draw for losing the most (12lbs) in that time period!


So, sadly spent all day writing, lazing around and eating/drinking everything in site. Completely sacked off the gym, and had to get my own tea - instead of partaking in our usual happy, healthy domestic preparation.

The good news is, we made up on Wednesday, after Joel rang me on our lunch break to apologise - first, as well, which he never does! Twenty times happier, I floated home where we bolted down a quick tea and got ready to watch the band next door (Clockwork Radio) perform at the Night and Day cafe in town. Had an amazing night, but sadly the gig-priced vodka and diet cokes, plus the pre-gig remains of the 5% wine, PLUS the bottle of my most favourite Rose (which Joel bought to "make it up" to me - awwwwww!) meant a bad night for Slimming World.

 
 
 
 
The band - close up!

Actually woke up feeling like my stomach had gone on a rollercoaster ride without me, and the results weren't pretty. I'm kinda used to hangovers by now - but recently my digestive system seems to have undergone some kind of strange alchemy. Before, I could've downed pitchers of cocktails, every spirit-and-mixer under the sun, multitudes of shots and alcopops, and vast amounts of cider - on one night out alone.

Par Example:


Now, I can only have about HALF of that, and it almost seems to affect me worse. It's the same with food. After a night out at uni, I used to stagger home with an ENTIRE 10-INCH PIZZA, or the old student favourite of chips, cheese and mayonaise, and demolish them in the blink of an eye. Last night, in a drunken we-have-absolutely-no-junk-food-in-the-house haze, Joel rang for a Dominos - to my excitement. And yet, when it arrived, a tiny sober part of my brain seemed to kick in - leaving me feeling full and queasy after a mere 2 slices......

I guess my capacities have well and truly changed now. Oh well, good riddance!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment