Tuesday 16 April 2013

Fruit and Ink

Dear Diary,

I have had the BEST idea. Actually, I had it a while ago, but today I finalised it. And it is so wonderful, I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

A while ago, I thought it'd be nice to reward myself with something every Payday, as long as I'd lost more weight than gained in that month. A nice treat, something I could keep, not eat, and be reminded of whenever I use/look at it. I didn't want to opt for clothes - as Mum and Auntie Pam have promised me a huge shopping trip when I hit my 2 Stone, and I've never been much of a shoe girl. And then it hit me:

Every time I lose a stone..... I am going to get a tattoo.

Even better - I am going to get a tattoo of a piece of fruit or veg, as a constant reminder to eat/stay healthy, and to remind me how far I've come. I get practically GIDDY everytime I think about it, and love the idea of looking down and seeing a beautiful piece of art, that represents physical proof of what I've done (because god knows, I can't see the physical proof anywhere else, so far). I've done extensive research and seen some truly gorgeous tattoos of fruit (which I honestly didn't think could look so pretty) - and so have decided to choose an Apple as my first 1-stone-lost piece. Simple, nice-looking and obvious - not to mention the only fruit in the world I actually ENJOY eating. It's now a firm part of my daily routine, a Superfree food, and has a shape so classic and recogniseable, it'll always look lovely, in any form. Not to mention the one I've designed (a swirly, fairytale-esque outline drawing) is quite small, and so shouldn't take too long (good job, I'm a complete wuss!) or take up too much room on my body.

The plan after that is to get two peppers lay down together for my 2 Stone, and a slice of watermelon for my 3 Stone (see below for designs, plus Apple) - if, god willing, I get that far! And if I do, then the next step would be to maybe link or surround all the fruit with a beautiful black-and-grey Filligree vine or something - just to finish it off and make it a really intricate, pretty piece!

 
 
Booked the Apple for Friday afternoon after work - have decided to have it on my hip, right above the trouser/underwear line...... so it can stay completely hidden, and no-one will ever know it's there apart from me. Well, and the readers of this blog. And Joel, I guess. Unless I ever get to wear a bikini again - in which case, I truly won't mind showing off my body at that point!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment