Sunday 14 April 2013

Breakfast and Burgers

Dear Diary,

Whilst I'm almost POSITIVE now that I've royally screwed Slimming World over this week (more on that in a moment), it has to be said that this weekend was PRETTY GODDAMN AMAZING. Well, mostly Saturday, as I was working today. But, still.

Started Saturday off with a bang as Joel and I went to Mum's shop for a catch-up and a free brekky. Joel had his usual fry-up, and I - with a little prompting from Mum, given how lost I was! - opted for bacon and scrambled egg with tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, and 1 slice of wholemeal toast.


Look at that, huh? Look at THAT shit! Can you BELIEVE I can eat all that for breakfast on Slimming World? Because I sure as hell still can't! I don't even eat whole tomatoes normally, and I've certainly never claimed to like mushrooms - but possibly only because they look so gross and rubbery. In reality, they weren't actually that bad.

Got home, promising each other we'd let our food settle before frequenting the gym, but an hour later and we were still rolling around moaning, full to bursting. Not to mention I was meeting Alex (up for a visit) in town soon after. So we sacked it off AGAIN - making it only once this week that we actually went. Not proud.
 

That said, I had a brilliant time seeing Alex again - except for a slight moment when she suggested a place she really wanted to go for lunch, only for me to realise it's a BURGER BAR. But to be fair, it is literally the coolest burger bar IN THE WORLD. It's called "Almost Famous" in the Northern Quarter, and actually has people QUEUEING outside to go in. With a bouncer. It's like Harry Ramsden's in Blackpool, you can't physically even go in until a table's opened up. But DAMN, was it worth the wait. Situated upstairs like a groovy attic appartment, a bar as big as the room itself, and balls-achingly cool artwork on the walls, you can see why people would queue to get in. Sadly, there wasn't a single salad to be seen ANYWHERE on the menu, so had to opt for the plain (if you can call it that) "Famous Burger" with "Trailer Trash Fries" (chips smothered with onions, BBQ sauce and mustard).


Didn't even have a drink afterwards, since I'd pretty much had an entire WEEK'S worth of Syns just round the corner on Wednesday night. But it didn't even seem to matter, just sitting and having a laugh and a catch-up with friends was enough.
 

On the way home I stopped in at Asda for a random browse around the clothing department - and wouldn't you know it, I've actually gone DOWN a size! So I guess Mum was right - a stone really does make all the difference! Goodbye 20, hello 18's! (I'm aware that 18 is still too high for a girl my age, but one step at a time, eh?) So, managed to squeeze comfortably into some size 18 jeans, a size 16 (but stretchy) pencil skirt, and a Size 18 swimming costume. Which I'm SO treating myself, come payday - given that the only cossie I own is my Mum's old Size 22 one which is bright pink, flower-patterned and allows my boobs to flop out hideously. Won't be sad to say goodbye to that!

xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment