Wednesday 29 June 2011

Alco-frolics

Not much to report today - except I had my Syn-ful little glass of wine with "The Apprentice......" and it tasted SO GOOD. I mean seriously, like some sweet nectar of life. Am wondering slightly if this reaction makes me an alcoholic, but most likely I'm over-reacting as usual. Feels strange though - I'm usually out every weekend on massive benders..... not having alcohol for so long feels mad. In a good way, obviously. I'm stunned at how easy it's been not to drink as much as usual. In fact, given that there always used to be a bottle of wine in the fridge every single week (and usually gone by Thursday), I'm amazed I've not gone Cold Turkey or similar.

Slightly wondering though, what kind of stuff I can now drink next time I'm on a night out. Alcopops are obviously out, as are cocktails (with sugary fruit juice) - and wine too. A glass of Diet Coke and vodka/whiskey/bacardi seems a logical step, but...... on a DANCEFLOOR??! Kind of impractical. Maybe I should just do shots all night..... or stick to hard spirits! Hmmm..... never thought about it before, actually. Not that I've been out at all since I started SlimmingWorld - everyone's skint recently. Got invited out by a colleague for a few in our local the other week - and was actually relieved when he had to cancel. Maybe I can work out some kind of drinking/night out plan? Obviously I can't go on mad binge-tastic benders any more - boring as that sounds. Maybe I could just drink Diet Coke all night and pretend it contains spirits? Night out AND no Syns! And no hangover!! Worth thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment