Thursday 1 August 2013

Average Aftermath

Dear Diary,

This week's been kind of blah, weight loss-wise. The good news is, I Maintained on Monday. The bad news is I found a set of scales hidden away in the spare room, and have fallen into the trap of obsessively weighing myself every day. At least I have now full proof of the theory that we weigh less in the morning than we do at night! And the results are showing brilliantly - even though they fluctuate from day to day, they all have one common denominator..... THEY ARE LESS THAN WHAT I WEIGHED LAST WEEK. Showing a few cheeky zeros, even bobbing UNDER the stone below, whatever Monday's results are going to be, it's looking good so far!

What other news from this week? Saturday was good, Joel and I went to Bury market to collect a ton of fresh fish and meat, so that's a load of healthy teas sorted for the next few weeks! Also went to visit Grandma on Sunday with Auntie Pam and had a lovely pub lunch - mine consisted of Chicken breast in a "reduced" red wine (whatever THAT means) with mashed potato and spinach:


Unfortunately my starter was a small goat's cheese with rocket and a red onion tartlet - but I had a few Syns saved, and dessert/drinks were avoided!
The problem is, I had an absolutely HORRIBLE shock back at Grandma's. Whilst helping with some garden work and shifting things about, I happened to pass a range of photos in the room leading to her conservatory. And, stopping to look at Grandma's old headshot from her acting days, I noticed this monstrosity:

 
Completely forgotten we'd given her a copy of this photo. I haven't even seen the original since 2008. But staring at that huge girl in the photo, with chunky arms and two chins, I almost felt sick. And all I could think to myself was; "no matter how little I've lost so far, at least I look better than THAT."
 
Had a VERY big helping hand from Auntie Pam when she dropped us off home that afternoon, as well - in the form of a GORGEOUS, hot pink little number:
 

It's a Food and Fitness Diary! Available at M + S (shameless plug, I know, but you NEED this baby in your life), it's got sections for Shopping Lists, Weekly meal planners, Food Diaries, and Exercise Diaries. One of the BEST presents I've ever got - especially in my new organised phase (which, by the by, is still going strong!)
 
Meals this week have been VERY good - chicken and mushroom casserole, lean mince burgers and SW chips, fat-removed ribs and rice..... plus my lunches have been great too. My only drawback has been a recently acquired Quavers hobby - but at 5 Syns (and 88 calories) a pack, it's nothing that can't be reconfigured with a few hearty gym sessions!

Oooh, speaking of which, I have been absolutely SPANKING it at the gym recently! Fell into a slight lapse where I'd only go for half an hour a night and put in a half-arsed effort on the weights, instead of pushing my cardio work. But last night, SH!T. GOT. REAL. Make the (rather delightful) mistake of climbing on the cross-trainer straight after somebody else, and after 10 minutes of non-stop (for the first time, I might add!) heavy exercise, looked down and discovered that I'd forgotten to change the difficulty level to one. FROM EIGHT. Not only had I managed to clear 10 full minutes WITHOUT stopping for a breather, I'd managed to do so on a level SEVEN ABOVE MY USUAL!! How great is that?!

As a little aside, a FANTASTIC gym song that I can't stop listening to every time I hit the cross-trainer, is "Hey Baby (Drop it to the floor)" by Pitbull ft. T-Pain. A pounding, catchy, thumping monster of a track, it has a constant beat to keep time to - and it's remix with Salt n Peppa and the Black Eyed Peas ("Hey Baby, Push the Time) brings back memories of holidaying in Turkey with the girls, where I first heard it..... Not to mention those by-the-pool photos of me in a cossie were incentive enough to drop the pounds!

After the gym, we came out into the blazing sunshine, absolutely chock-full of endorphins and excitement at pushing past my usual capabilities - hadn't had such a good buzz-on from the gym in ages. I even had NECK SWEAT!! I have NEVER sweated on my neck before!!

I'll leave you with a fantastic quote acquired from a gym-bunny friend at work today:

"Sweat is your Fat, crying. It's upset, you see - it doesn't want to leave your body. So, you get your ass in that gym and make that bitch wail!"

Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment