Tuesday 13 August 2013

Katie the Water-baby

GAIN: 1 POUND

Dear Diary,

Seriously, I have the luck of the devil. After a very well-behaved week, I sadly threw it all away on Friday..... or so I thought! In the grand tradition of Payday, I went out for lunch with workmates at our nearest and dearest cocktail bar (refused alcohol and had a Caesar salad!) - and then out for "just a few." And, as anyone who knows me can testify, it is never "just a few" with me. In my defence though, I haven't had a night out in about 3 months! And I swear, you haven't LIVED until you've tried a Zombie from a Hawaiian bar.

Unfortunately the night ended up at a house party in a student accommodation somewhere (it all became a bit of a blur after that) - leaving me with a chronic 2-day hangover. On the plus side though, even if this makes me feel INCREDIBLY old, at least it means I have a smaller capacity than I used to - I guess Slimming World is really working!

So yeah, never thought I'd say this about a Gain, but I am THRILLED. Thrilled to have got away with a mere 1 pound set-back - and full of determination for the week ahead. And excited too - for if, by some miracle, I actually SURPASS the 2 pound loss needed before Sian's hen party to get me to my 1.5 Stone, then I can always aim for my Club 10!

That's all to report this week, really. It was my day off today, so to keep the good feeling going I made a HUGE salad for lunch and went swimming (apparently there's an Adult Swim hour between 12-1pm on Tuesdays). The salad was FIT - consisting of lettuce, peppers, red onions, spring onions, new potatoes, pasta, chicken and light dressing, and as for the swimming - I DID 40 LENGTHS!!! That's the most I've done in one session since HIGH SCHOOL, definitely feeling the burn now though.

So, apart from that, not much to report since we last spoke. No temptations coming up this week - potential trip down South with Joel's dad and brother if I can get the day off work, but should be able to choose a healthy option at a pub lunch. And there's nothing social after that until the 24th, so keep everything crossed! If I can just get 2 pounds off by next week, I'll be a very happy bunny!

Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment