Monday 15 August 2011

Unexpected surprise

LOSS: 1.5 POUNDS

I do not believe it. I've gone past the initial rounds of Slimming-World-Disbelief and come right out in Stunned-Ville. After the worst 2 recorded weeks known to MAN...... 2 weeks of stress, arguments, moving house, travelling back to the flat every evening and tidying the house every night - accompanied by a frequent helping of comfort food with everything.... I have STILL managed to lose weight.

Was absolutely thrown, when I got weighed. Strolled into group after stopping at Mum's for tea, enjoying being back and waving to familiar faces. I was dreading getting back on the scales, and immediately started rambling on to Joan as I removed my Ugg boots, about my awful 2 weeks, how I'm expecting a gain of at LEAST 4 pounds, etc.... etc..... Until she calmly stopped me with the words every Slimming World-er wants to hear: "You've had a loss, actually." 1 and a half pounds! This is too perfect. Obviously, I'd rather have lost more, but beggars can't be choosers, and it means I've now worked off exactly what I put on 3 weeks ago!

Feeling very confused about the whole thing, but was reassurred by Mum and Louise that maybe all the running around, up and down stairs, hauling boxes and un/packing was the reason behind my loss. If I'm honest as well, a HUGE part of me feels very guilty and cheeky that I've managed to eat so much utter crap and still do well. Not that I'll be making a habit of it, mind. Especially since I get paid on Thursday, and can therefore afford proper food from then on. Mmmmm..... approaching healthiness......

Found out Louise is attending Gay Pride in 2 weeks as well - as part of a Line Dancing group! So hopefully going to try and meet up on the day (I'm volunteering with work) and make sure neither has too much Syn-filled alcohol (yeah right, it's my first night out in 2 months, I'm planning to get BEYOND hammered)!

Mum won Slimmer of the Week AGAIN - so she gave me all the food she won, plus some extra articles when we got back to hers..... prawns, tinned tomatoes, smoked salmon pate, measuring jug, etc.... Actually I'm thrilled about that last one, recipes will be SO much easier now I can actually measure liquids - see the Banoffee Pie Disaster if you don't believe me! Had a lovely Free tea before we went to Group, of gamon, fried egg, and SlimmingWorld chips. Absolutely GORGEOUS - and totally inspired me to be a less boring cook from now on. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment