Wednesday 27 March 2013

RECIPE: Bisexual Stew


This is quite possibly the greatest recipe I possess. It's actually a complete wrench having to give it away for free, but if it helps other Slimmers and spreads the utter joy of this meal further across the world, than I'm happy! Bisexual Stew (so-named because it contains the best of both worlds!) is my name for a clam chowder/stew I discovered years ago, in my Mum's recipe book. It takes about 12 ingredients and an hour to make - but my GOD is it worth it.

(DISCLAIMER: As I'm terrible at measurements, quantities etc.... I won't put any down. My recipes are always to serve 2 - just use your own common sense. If you make too much, freeze some for another day. If you make too little - learn for next time!)

YOU NEED:

Fry Light
Chicken breast x 2 (diced)
Chorizo x 2
3 x Shallots
A tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Potatoes (cubed)
3 x garlic cloves
1 tbs of Chilli Flakes
1 tbs of Oregano
3 tbs of Tomato puree
1 pint of Chicken Stock
100g Mussels/Clams
100g Cockles
100g Prawns

SYNS:
5 (for the Chorizo)

TO MAKE:
Chop up the Chorizo and heat in Fry Light for 5 minutes, then remove to a spare plate
In the same pan, heat the Shallots, Garlic and Chilli Flakes for 10 minuts until onions are soft
Add the Tomato Puree and stir for a further 5 minutes
Add the Chorizo, Oregano, Potatos, Chopped Tomatoes, Chicken and Stock - leave to simmer for 30 minutes
Add all of the seafood and cook for a further 10 minutes. SERVE (and faint over how nice it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment