Monday 25 March 2013

Pre-Easter losses


Dear Diary,

LOSS: 2 POUNDS

Wooooooooo!! Yet ANOTHER weeks loss, making it my 3rd in a row! Can't remember going this long without some kind of GAIN before, but whatever it is I'm doing, it must be right! And even more thrilling - this now brings me within 3 pounds of my stone-and-a-half! Can't wait to hit that next big target - been bobbing around a Stone for way too long now, so it'll feel good to get my ass in gear!

Slightly surprised though, to be honest. Thursday, Friday and Saturday weren't too great this week - being that on Thursday (payday!) I went out and basically drank ALL the alcohol in Manchester. Then on Friday, to quell the hangover, Joel and I ordered Domino's - with a HOT DOG STUFFED CRUST. I mean, SERIOUSLY!! But I won't lie - it tasted like a thousand angels had wept on me, and was totally worth it.

Joan said something at Group tonight, actually, that summed up my week very succinctly. Whilst holding up a vase of Easter daffodils, she proceeded to take a single one out. She then asked if - once the bad daffodil had been removed - the overall vase of flowers was ruined at all? Which of course, it wasn't. She did the same with a 2nd one - and the answer was still no. The point being, if you have 2 really bad days that are subsequently surrounded by 5 excellent ones - they cancel each other out until all you remember are the good. Definitely a great message!

So yeah, I'm thrilled about my 2lb loss this week - even if it almost feel like I've cheated the odds a little, after Thursday. But I'm now only 3lb off my next target, my Easter Egg sticker has moved further up the Ladder to Success chart (I'm now 1st place!!) and I won a vanilla-and-biscuit-scented candle in an Egg and Spoon race at Group tonight. Louise and Alex have both lost again, and I've got a day off work tomorrow.

So all in all, everything's comin' up Milhouse!
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment