Tuesday 29 January 2013

Gym bunnies

Dear Diary,

Today, Joel and I made the best decision of our lives. We are going to join a gym.

Now, to anyone reading this, it probably isn't that big news. Hell, maybe you already go to a gym, and are merely sat there thinking; "Welcome to the party, pal." But it's a big deal for me. I tried a gym about 4 years ago, before I met Joel, back when I lived at home. But I never seemed to lose any weight, or even ache too much the next day - clearly I was going about it all wrong.

This evening, we had an induction at the gym up the road - conviniently located next to a Macdonalds, a chippy, a Greggs and a Subway, just to make things harder! But they have an offer on where if you join before February (as part of a New Year deal) - it's only £20 a month to use the gym AND THE POOL!! Could a better gym EXIST?!

Ecstatically, we were shown around said gym and pool, shown all the equipment and their functions. Must say, the space at the back of the gym looking slightly scary - huge, tattooed, heavily-muscled men in vests who look like they could bench ME, working out prison yard-style and shouting threats/encouragement at each other. But it was nice to see other overweight women there, and I couldn't help but feel proud of myself for taking such a big step towards improvement.

I'd dying to start. We're out tomorrow night, so we're going to have to wait until Thursday to start, but I'm already buzzing about trying all the equipment and making regimes/timetables for myself.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment